Saturday, July 27, 2019

The New Yorker and Al Franken

I like to read the New Yorker, and yes, I'm the only non-liberal who reads it. In fact, I'm stunned that the New Yorker hasn't found out and ordered me never to read again. I also follow them on Facebook, and I'm stunned to see their latest story about the former senator, Al Franken. Remember him? He was the one who sexually assaulted more women than Trump has and, at the beginning of the MeToo movement, he was forced to resign from the senate. A cynic would say he was only forced to resign because he was from a safe seat, Minnesota being fairly democratic and the democrats wouldn't lose anything. Now, his resignation is being re-evaluated. Some of the comments are: 
Further down the list people are calling it a witch hunt, on par with the Crucible and the Red Scare of Hollywood in 1940's. I actually, amazingly, agree with many of the posters. And The New Yorker. But I take it a step further. I also agree that Kavanaugh was the victim of a witch hunt, and I'm quite certain that 99% of the posters on this article do not agree with me. Once again, politics trumps truth and logic. We are supposed to believe women when a conservative is being accused, but any liberal democrat that is accused is the victim of a witch hunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment