Saturday, July 20, 2019

Ocarina of Time

Recently I've been playing the spectacular Ocarina of Time for my 3ds. Sure, the game is over twenty years old and this is "just" a remake, but it's easily one of the greatest games of all time and to play it now is just as thrilling and breathtaking as playing it for the first time back in the 1990's. It's a little easier than I remember, and apparently the remake changed some things from the original. The iron boots needed to navigate the water temple have been tweaked, making the legendary level simply difficult instead of frustrating.

I noticed that the Ocarina of Time tells a story better than almost any other video game in history. Even though I remember the story I found myself engrossed in what Link would do next. Sometimes staying up late, missing a tae kwan do lesson and such just to advance the storyline. I also noticed that I don't miss micro transactions. If you don't beat a certain boss, you can't pay an additional 5.99$ to get a stronger weapon on the spot and try again. Back then, video games required skill.


No comments:

Post a Comment