Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Miss Michigan controversy

Miss Michigan was stripped of her beauty crown because of some controversial statements she made.  First off, to my readers, both of them, I want to apologize for the political content of the last several blogs. Been a political mood lately.

I'm not saying that I agree with her comments, I'm ambivalent to them. She probably shouldn't have said it, after all in her position you have to sort of rise above partisan comments, at least for the time you are holding the crown. So yeah, she lacks common sense and should have known better. But I have to ask, if she was an out liberal who talked about how Trump voters are white trash or racist, I'm confident that she wouldn't have been forced to resign. In fact, the story might have been ignored.

There's a blogger who recently made a great point. He said he never wears his MAGA hat when he goes out to eat because he's afraid of what cooks or waitresses might do to his food. He mentioned that if he wore a Bernie shirt, he wouldn't fear anything. Correctly, he said that that right there tells you everything you need to know about the left. He is correct. While we don't know for sure what would have happened if she was a leftist and said offensive comments, I think we all have a good idea.

2 comments: