Monday, July 1, 2019

Donald Trump urban legends

No, Donald Trump didn't pay off the mortgage of someone who helped him when his limo broke down in New Jersey. In fact, variations of that urban legend have been said about virtually every single rich person and monarch since the dawn the time. No, Donald Trump didn't jump into floodwaters to rescue people during a hurricane and no, he didn't go to the ruins of the Twin Towers and pay for rescuers to find victims. Yes, you are naive if you believe these things.

I love social media in general and I love Facebook in particular. Meeting new people, yes, even through a computer, is a great way to form deeper friendships. Some of my closest friends I've met through social media, some I've known for over a decade. The drawback however is that stupid things  like this are posted:

And the other drawback is that stupid people believe these things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment