Thursday, August 30, 2018

Sears II

Sears is closing even more stores-I'm surprised there are any left to close, and I don't know why they don't just pull the plug and end it. Eddie Lampert, the CEO, is obviously a brilliant guy. No, you don't get to be a billionaire by being stupid, but when it comes to running a retail store he doesn't seem to know what to do. I'm sure he sees what everyone else does. Sears is no longer capable of competing in retail in 2018, but he is unable to accept the inevitable.

Wal Mart and Target should be taking notes. Every retailer should, simply because Sears was once the biggest retailer in the country and now is a shell of it's former self. Forty years ago, if I told you that Sears would one day have it's stock trading at under two dollars, you'd ignore me or laugh at me. Now, it's trading at about $1.14 as of this blog post. Even the biggest companies can collapse, and it looks like this is the end of Sears.

No comments:

Post a Comment