Monday, August 6, 2018

Big Brother!

This season of Big Brother has reminded me why I love the show in the first place. Most of the evictions have been blindsides-meaning that the person who was voted off the show doesn't see it coming. I don't remember any season in the last 6 or 7 years that has had this many blindsides. A cliche in Big Brother is that the pawn usually goes home. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it isn't-but anyone who is a fan of classic reality shows would probably love this season.

There are also no returning players. For the last decade or so every single season has had a returning player from another season enter the house and participate. Thankfully, that didn't happen this year. There are only so many times that I want to see the same people play the game.

Is this season "rigged" by the producers? No. Reality shows are sometimes over produced, and yes, production can give people suggestions on how to act. But no, they don't pick and choose who gets voted out. No matter how cynical I get about television, I don't believe that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment