Wednesday, August 1, 2018

For profit colleges

Okay, first off no, I didn't go to Harvard or Yale. I graduated college in my mid 20's and I was not a traditional student. I was asked to leave my first school, went to a tech school, then finally got it together and managed to graduate college. So take this blog with a grain of salt, I guess.

For profit colleges are one step above diploma mills. Your degree from there will be basically meaningless, and in some cases it might even hurt you if you have to go into debt. 

University of Phoenix, Ashford University and Rasmussen College are the more famous ones, but there are of course others. The "credits" you get there aren't transferable, so the degree is rather useless. Like the famous MFA degrees, it's terminal. The job placement departments that the school runs aren't much better-many employers don't view the degrees as legit.

You might be better off saving the money you spend on tuition and putting it towards a private college.

No comments:

Post a Comment