Sunday, August 12, 2018

Scripture Sunday Mosiah 13:28

First off I am not an expert on Jewish law, so if the following post is way off, I apologize.  I'm also not an expert on the Book of Mormon or other Christian denominations, so if I'm off on that too, my apologies. This is just my opinion of the latest Book of Mormon passage I'm talking about.

Something that separates Christians from Jews, in the Christian standpoint, is if we have to obey the laws in the Old Testament. Christians believe that the atonement of Jesus Christ (Him dying for our sins) takes the place of following the old testament law-so we no longer have to do the many things described in Leviticus or the other books of the Torah. I believe that when this passage says "The Law of Moses" it's at least partially talking about the laws and rules that many Jewish people have to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment