Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Muslim ban?

I've never seen so much misinformation about a news event in my life, but I shouldn't have been surprised. After all, in the age of the internet it's very easy to ignore what we don't want to hear and blindly accept what fits our preconceived bias. 

No, it's not a ban on Muslim immigration. It's a ninety day moratorium on immigration from seven countries that even President Obama was concerned about. It's a temporary freeze on all people from those countries, no matter what their religion is. India, Indonesia, Pakistan and Egypt (all counties with strong Muslim populations) are not affected by this ban. Am I saying I am in favor of his (Trump) latest move? No, but but what I am concerned about is that no one seems to be listening to what the actual executive order does.

No comments:

Post a Comment