Friday, February 3, 2017

Album of the Weekend

Kiss - Psycho Circus

After a brief grunge period that didn't work out too well for anyone involved (though the album really isn't all bad) the "original four" reunited, put the make up back on and released "Psycho Circus" which is hardly a masterpiece and an album that would be totally forgotten about if it wasn't for the story of the "original four" reuniting. I use "original four" in quotation because in reality only one or two songs had all four bandmates participating.

I don't know how the rest of the Kiss army feels about Psycho Circus but it was never a favorite of mine. I didn't like it 1998 and I don't like it now. "Raise Your Glasses" is my "favorite" song on the album and that's out of default. The title track is more annoying than good. It gets into my head and I find myself looking for any other song to take it out of there. Never a good sign.

While I don't particularly love the album the band seems to share my opinion. Not many of the tracks off it are played live. If you like Kiss and have an OCD about owning every CD in their catalog-go out and get it. Otherwise, leave this one alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment