Saturday, February 25, 2017

Alan Colmes, RIP

Alan Colmes, the former Foxnews anchor passed away at the young age of 66 on Thursday. It's very tragic. He was young-sixty six in todays society is certainly not what it was thirty or forty years ago.  I do not know how he died, but apparently it was only a "brief illness"-so that's tragic as well. It was out of the blue and unexpected.

I liked the show he was on for many years-Hannity and Colmes. Even though I agreed with Hannity more than Colmes, I personally liked Colmes better. I had the pleasure of a brief email exchange with him way back, probably before 2006. I liked his style and the respect he showed those who disagreed with him, while I thought then (and still do today) that Hannity was snobbish and condescending-how an aging glory days athlete would act. Colmes emailed me back and said something along the lines of "Thanks for watching and I really appreciate the kind words." Very sweet of him to do that-he probably got thousands of emails a day.

In a world of screaming of each other, Colmes was one of the last kind and decent people in journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment