Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The end of Milo

Milo (you know you've succeeded when you can go by your first name) was invited to CPAC to speak recently. Like I mentioned in my previous blog about him (click here) I think he is the male version of Ann Coulter without the hate or inability to laugh at themselves. CPAC didn't agree with me and they invited him to speak. It turned out that he made some very controversial comments in the past about minor children. Upon hearing that, CPAC disinvited him.

No one is in favor of the comments that he made. They were sick and perverted and no, you can't talk your way out them. But let's take a deep breath for a minute.

He has not been accused of personally doing such acts-so it's unfair to label him. We also need to apply the same level of scrutiny to someone who we agreed with politically. Ask yourself-if someone I agreed with did this, how would I feel? I'm not saying that I'm perfect or totally objective. My first response over this was to defend Milo, whom I like and agree with on many issues. Then again,I have to admit that if someone I disagreed with made these comments, I'd probably jump on them right away. 

Will his career end over this? I'm not sure. It's obviously not going to help. We'll see where it goes. 

Update-as of 3:00 today, Milo is out at Breitbart news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment