Monday, February 27, 2017

The Oscars

Every year I host an online Oscar party. Everyone is invited, you can being your own booze and cigars and there is only one rule. No one can talk about the Oscars. At all. Period. My bull terrier is specially trained to attack and kill anyone who mentions anything about award shows that night. I will not stop her.

I get it-we all have different interests. My entertainment tastes lean much more towards music than they do movies. I don't watch the Grammys either for the record. Most award shows either enforce the obvious (Do we really need awards to know that Meryl Strep is a great actress? Really?) or exist solely for deeply insecure people to get reassurance on how wonderful they are (Remember the Blockbuster awards? Even the winners don't care about that one).

Do plumbers, truck drivers and carpenters need yearly awards to be told how wonderful they are? Of course not. If they weren't good at their job, they'd starve to death. They are too busy working to pat themselves on the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment