Thursday, November 10, 2016

Stores setting up Christmas displays early

Like I mentioned last year, until very recently christmas hasn't always been a wonderful time of year for me. I don't have wildly positive memories of past Christmases. No, that doesn't make me a Scrooge because I don't spend my time ruining it for everyone. In fact, no one even knew I usually had a rough time at Christmas because I kept it to myself. So no, no Scrooge here. I try not to bring everyone else down if I'm not comfortable or wildly positive. That might be me acting "fake" but it's also me putting others feelings and consideration first. Aren't I wonderful?

I know that people like the Christmas season. Some people go insane and put up incredible decorations everywhere. In order to get these decorations, they need to buy them somewhere. Some people buy them at department stores. And if people like the Christmas season (I admit that me feeling uncomfortable around the season is not common) why do people complain about seeing decorations out early? Doesn't it make people feel better about the season? Stores are in a no win situation. If they put out Christmas decorations early, people complain. If they don't put them out till after Christmas they might be accused of being part of the "war" on Christmas. I've seen this happen on Facebook several times-people bitch about seeing early Christmas displays and then next week complain about stores being part of the war on Christmas. 

In other words, be like Punk on this one. If you don't like decorations being put out early, don't complain about it. If you like it, great. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment