Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Replica Titanic

It might be very realistic click bait, but apparently they are building a new Titanic.  It looks just like the real one too-like a prop from the Edwardian age suddenly thrust into 2016. It'll also be much "safer" than the original one-this time complete with all the life boats, radar, and things that in 1912 we're not even thought of. It's apparently popular too, reports coming in that tickets are in high demand. 

If you want to do this, knock yourself out. It's not for me though. I'm not a cruise ship guy first off and second-I find the entire thing kind of creepy and incredibly disrespectful. Imagine this-would an  amusement park experience based on the Orlando shooting be cool? How about a ride that simulates crashing into the Twin Towers. This time, instead of dying you shake it off and talk about how cool it was. Better yet you are charged two hundred bucks per person to enjoy the experience. Sure, if it's your thing and you should be allowed to do it. But lots of people died on the Titanic and they were innocent victims. It happened long before any of us were born, but their lives still matter. 

I am a raw, naked capitalist.  You should be allowed to do what you want, when you want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone in the process. So just because I think it's sick doesn't mean that you should. The really cool part about capitalism/freedom is that I can also voice my opinion, judge you, and even mock you-but I can't stop you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment