Thursday, June 27, 2019

Trucker charged in motorcycle accident

You've probably heard that seven people were horrifically and tragically killed in a motorcycle accident in New Hampshire. Now, a truck driver has been charged with seven counts of negligent homicide. This is just devastating all around. I've been on that road many times and while I don't drive a motorcycle, I have a friends who do, including a very close one. My heart breaks for everyone involved.

In fact, my heart breaks for the driver of the truck too. While we don't know the details (I don't) I'm reasonably sure this guy didn't wake up in the morning and look for seven people to kill. He didn't wake up wanting to kill people. No, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be held accountable for his negligence. No, that doesn't mean he should be let free. What it does mean is that, as of right now, he probably didn't have the intent to kill anyone.

Thankfully we live in a society of law and not mob justice. He's entitled to a trial and we'll see what happens during it.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, he was drunk. He also had two prior DWI charges. Lord have mercy. That was a devastating loss. All Marines as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrible. A devastating story just got worse.

      Delete