Saturday, June 1, 2019

Tae Kwan Do diares III

So, like I mentioned before I'm taking Tae Kwan Do classes after many years of taking Ed Parker karate, many years of taking a break from martial arts, and many years of sitting on my ass doing nothing staring at the ceiling and wonder what character to create in Fallout while I smoke weed and blast Megadeth. I'm an orange belt now (Yay! Seven months of commitment!), and no, I'm not saying that I'm ready to enter a Mortal Kombat type tournament. In fact, I just got knocked down three times last night in a sparring contest.

Oddly, it didn't hurt my pride to get beaten so badly by someone who is 15 years old or so. First off, the kid was a higher belt than I am. Secondly, I am one hundred percent positive that the kid could have kicked the ass of anyone reading this. I'm glad I showed up and got maybe one or two kicks in, thus scoring a point. The final score would have been 200-2 in his favor, that's for sure.

It's weird to get into a fight, even in a highly controlled environment. I haven't been in a fight since high school, and because I was small and frail and weak, I got whipped. No one came to my aid either, so I probably deserved to lose back then. Now, it's a totally different world and yes, I wonder why I'm doing it too.

I'll keep you updated on the continuing journey.

2 comments:

  1. I got a bloody nose by a kid half my age in kenpo. No quicker way to be humbled! Lol.

    ReplyDelete