Friday, June 7, 2019

Album of the weekend

Stryper-To Hell with the Devil

Stryper is an amazing band. Not just an amazing Christian band. Sure, they are without question the most overtly Christian metal band out there, and they are the daddies of the Christian metal movement-but to label them just as a "Christian band' is to marginalize them. One of the greatest comments I've read on FB was someone saying "I'm an atheist, but Stryper is one of my favorite bands." Wise man.

"To Hell with the Devil" is their most well known song, and with good reason. It's their best song and it is their anthem, the one they usually play during an encore. The other big hit off the album, "More than a Man" is also iconic for them. Sadly, this song has their power ballad "Honestly" and it is probably the one song that people who don't now anything about them enjoy. Like all other power ballads, it's not my thing, but if you enjoy that sort of thing, you might like this one. Overall, this album is worth a download, even if you don't like Christian rock/metal.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh stryper. Totally not my kind of metal, I respect their commitment to spreading the gospel! I like this idea of an album of the weekend, perhaps i can steal this idea 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't plagiarize me like that guy did with the tattoo a few days ago!

      Delete
  2. 😱 I've been sussed out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://brobarefoottex.blogspot.com/2019/06/a-hill-to-die-upon-infinate-titanic.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete