Wednesday, June 26, 2019

New Taylor Swift song

No, I haven't heard it or seen the video and no, I'm not going to. I've only read about the "controversy" and wanted to discuss a few thoughts I had.

-Taylor Swift is not brave. No, it's not brave to paint everyone who opposes the homosexual political agenda as backward, bigoted or homophobic. In fact, the dominant culture has accepted homosexuality 100%-that's why virtually every single corporate logo has gone "rainbow" this month to celebrate gay pride. So Taylor Swift is about 10-15 years too late if she wanted to take a stand for gay rights.

-If Taylor Swift was brave, she'd come out against gay marriage. Given that polls show an increasing majority in favor of gay marriage, it's not brave to say something that all your friends, fellow celebrities, fans, and family will agree with. So no, Taylor Swift is not brave, cutting edge, innovative, or particularly interesting.

And by the way, like I've said 1000 times before, I'm pro gay marriage, pro gay adoption, etc. I felt that way in 1999, I feel that way now. But I'm not stupid either.

1 comment:

  1. Possibly just cashing in? Crappy if that's how she is celebrating pride month.

    ReplyDelete