Monday, June 10, 2019

Joking about sensitive topics

We all have sensitive topics and on the other side, topics that we aren't sensitive about at all. The past several years have brought extreme sensitivity to the public. Usually, we didn't know the topics that everyone was offended by but with social media becoming so dominant we know now everyones issue.

I've noticed that gluten sensitivity seems to be a seriously hot topic issue. You can joke around about someones mother. Their child. Their grandchild. Their dog. But Goddammit you say anything about Gluten and the gloves come off pal. I'm not sure why. In fact,  I'd like to see why jokes about Gluten are as bad as commenting about their religion.

A bitter life truth that I've noticed is that people with real diseases want to be treated normally and usually have great senses of humor about it. People with controversial (I'm too polite to say made up) diseases demand special treatment. I seriously feel sorry for comedians now a days.

No comments:

Post a Comment