Friday, June 28, 2019

Album of the weekend

The Eagles-Greatest Hits

And now for something completely different volume II. Last week I talked about Radiohead, a band I don't like and still don't like. This week I've been challenged to continue listening to music that isn't really my thing, and I accepted the challenge. So I downloaded "The Greatest Hits of the Eagles", a band I'm familiar with, but only moderately so.

My first impression is that most of these songs put me to sleep. "Take it to the Limit" and "Best of my Love" shouldn't be listened to while you are driving because they act like the musical form of valium. The only song I enjoyed the album (and that's a relative term) was "Take it Easy" and even that one I thought was mediocre. Obviously, I'm not an Eagles fan. I find them unable to decide if they want to be a rock band or a soft pop band or an easy listening band or a country band. 

But, they are popular, insanely so. I don't understand their popularity at all, but that's clearly on me. They do have talent, they aren't Nickleback, but like Radiohead, this just isn't my type of music. 

My quest to find music I don't normally listen to but enjoy continues. 

1 comment: