Thursday, June 6, 2019

New York to ban declawing cats

Perhaps the only intelligent law to come out of New York state. A bill is being debated and it would ban the declaring the cats.  First off yes, I hate cats. I think they are annoying, lazy and relatively useless to society. I also know that few people are more sensitive than cat owners-so flame on. I'm a dog guy, not a cat guy.

But I could not be more in favor of this law.

Declawing cats take away their best protection against predators and leaves them defenseless, not to mention that the actual process of declawing cats is incredibly painful. If you choose to declaw a cat, you owe it to them to make them strictly an indoor cat (which you should also do, given that outdoor cats generally live much shorter lives). You don't have to like cats to view this law as a huge positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment