Sunday, June 2, 2019

Scripture Sunday Alma 34:33

I agree that the end of the world probably isn't coming any time soon.  Yes, I know that every single generation in the history of civilization has thought that they'd see the end times. So no, I don't think that the end times will come in my lifetime. Of course though, as a believing Christian, I do believe they will come eventually. And we better be ready.

This passage begins with "I beseech to you that you do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end." If you do procrastinate, you might be too late. When the truck comes barreling down the highway your first/last thought won't be "Hey, I wonder if this Jesus guy was telling the truth ?" So you better start thinking about this beforehand. The passage ends with "if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed." Alma seems to be warning us about the truck coming down the hill and us running out of time.

For the record, I'm having problems with Spectrum yet again so if any blogs are late, blame them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment