Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The band Queen

Yes like I mentioned before in my album of the weekend post on their music, they do have some good songs, even though their biggest hits aren't really my favorite. To me, when you only like the greatest hits album of a band that's a sign that you don't really like their music. It doesn't mean their music is bad, just not your thing.

 Before I go any further, like I've said before I know people are incredibly thin skinned about their favorite band.

"Your mother is a whore."
"No big deal."
"I don't like your favorite band."
"OH MY GOD YOU BASTARD. HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?"

I'm only semi kidding.

I don't get how popular Queen is. While I have respect for any musician who can get someone to pay money for their artwork, I will never understand why Queen inspires such devotion. The level of devotion is usually only seen by Grateful Dead fans and fundamentalist religious people talking about their religion. In fact, some religious people might be more open to dissent than Queen fans.

Someone please explain this to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment