Thursday, November 29, 2018

Aaron Rodgers and his family issues

I'm not a big professional football fan, and I haven't kept up with the story a great deal, but I heard that the Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has some personal drama with his immediate family, including his brother and parents. I don't wish family estrangement on anyone, even though I've gone through my own in the past. However, not talking to cousins/aunts/uncles is totally different than prolonged estrangement with your immediate family.

We are all human, and we all have flaws and weaknesses. Human relationships are complex and nuanced, and sadly, often times run by emotions. Harsh words can sometimes take years to heal. The other truth is that sometimes we just get along better with our friends-they are family we can choose. I'm not naive, I know that Rodgers is a celebrity and therefore-tragically-his private life isn't private. However, he deserves privacy when it comes to such deeply personal matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment