Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Bike riding work out and age

I got a new bike for my birthday and I've been riding it at every chance I get. Recently I rode 20 miles in one day which no, doesn't mean I'm ready for the Tour De France but is a decent workout for someone who hasn't ridden since he was about 19. I'm 39 years old and when I posted about the workout, someone said, without any sense or irony or humor, that doing that "at my age" was impressive. Again, I'm only 39. This guy is one year older than me. I told him that I pass people on the trail that in their 50's and 60's. He didn't respond. 

I'll never understand people who act prematurely old. 40 is the new 35, and 35 is the new 30. Acting like 40 is the end of your life shows an extremely depressing outlook. You are hopefully going to be around for a lot longer than forty years, and complaining about how old you are and how you can't do things that you used to is not only foolish, it's sad. If you take care of yourself and eat right, you can be in great shape at whatever age you are. I feel better at 39 than I ever did at 21. 

No comments:

Post a Comment