Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Stores open on Thanksgiving

Last year, I wrote that I think certain stores should be open on Thanksgiving because not everyone celebrates the holiday and not everyone is close to their families-either geographically or emotionally.  I said the same things on my Facebook page, and needless to say, 75% of people disagreed with me, strongly. That's fine, no one has to agree with what I say and I'm blessed to have friends who disagree with me. Luckily, I have family members that I'm extremely close with-they live only about three hours away and I visit them frequently.

But not everyone is that fortunate.

For whatever reasons-and those reasons are none of your business-it's difficult for some people to be with their families today. Maybe there is no drama-they could be Jehovahs Witnesses or otherwise not celebrate Thanksgiving-but they might want something to do while everyone else is celebrating with their family.

The "one size fits all lets close all stores" ideology doesn't fit. It's not fair to the people who want to work Thanksgiving for whatever reasons they might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment