Monday, October 8, 2018

Social Media fast

Russell Nelson has apparently asked the women of the church to take a break from social media. Not being a woman, it doesn't effect me. However even if I was a woman, I wouldn't take the challenge. For good and bad, social is media is how I communicate with a large number of people-both members of the church and more importantly, many of my close friends who are not members of the church.

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Social media is new, and therefore it is frightening to people who don't understand it, especially the older generation. Sure, there is a lot of garbage out there and yes, too much time spent on social media is damaging to you. Too much time hunting, working on cars, shopping, and working out is also damaging to you.

Technology changes, and that's a beautiful thing. Not everything to do with technology changing is detrimental to society.

No comments:

Post a Comment