Sunday, October 21, 2018

Scripture Sunday Alma 30:12-18 part two

Korihor begins to preach his heresies and they sound much like what we are hearing today from atheists in our culture. There really is nothing new under the sun. Personally, I understand how Korihor and other atheists feel. Sometimes when we seek out prophecies and information, it does sound like it's just the words of old men who don't know how to let go of tradition. After all, sometimes it does seem that no man can see the future. We can not know for sure what the future holds and we can't know with iron clad certainty that our sins will be forgiven and that there will be a Christ to forgive them.

To be clear, it's not what I believe. I believe in Christ and I believe in the forgiveness of sins. However, I do understand what Korihor is saying here. Often times in my life I have felt that there either was no God, or that He didn't care about his creation. Korihor starts off with my sympathies, even though I don't agree with him.

Part three next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment