Friday, October 5, 2018

Album of the weekend

Live-Throwing Copper

The often overlooked "Live" is vastly underrated. No, you can't put them in the same conversation as Pearl Jam or Nirvana but you can put them in the top ten alternative bands of the 90's. Their second album,"Throwing Copper" is their most well known and it is their best album.

"I Alone' tells the story of obsessive love, and it's as creepy and as good as "Every Breath You Take". In fact, the speakers in both songs are basically the same person. While I do struggle with many faults, I can't say being overly possessive  of my girlfriends is among them-so I don't personally relate with either song but I do really like both. "Selling the Drama", "All Over You" and "The Dam at Otter Creek" are also quite good. "Shit Town" is my favorite song on the album, it's a good song about your dead end town and how miserable it is to live there. Great album, totally underrated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment