Thursday, March 29, 2018

My baseball bet III

So, last year I made a bet with a friend regarding our favorite baseball teams. You can read about it here and here. I lost, and I had to pay 10$ to the Democratic National Committee. It was a tough blow, and this is what I wrote on my FB when I ponied up. 


I choose the Ayn Rand Institute because I knew he'd hate writing a check to them. He's a good friend of mine even though we disagree on many issues.  

This year, we made a different bet. I no longer choose the Tampa Rays because of their offseason moves (I'm still a partial season ticket holder, and I hope to be for many years to come). Instead, I bet on Aaron Judge suffering from the sophomore slump and Giancarlo Stanton having a hard time adjusting to NYC. Hopefully Bryce Harper, Max Scherzer and Stephen Stratsburg have great years and the Nationals continue their great play-my ten bucks and bragging rights are counting on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment