Saturday, April 8, 2017

My baseball bet

Wish me luck everyone.

A very good friend of mine is a loyal democrat, while I am not. I've known the guy for years and even though we disagree on politics, we still manage to get along great. We both agree on something very important though: a mutual love and obsession with baseball.

I am a fan of the Tampa Bay Rays. I have a season ticket plan and even when I'm not physically at the games I'm almost always watching on TV or paying attention on XM radio. My friend is a huge Yankees fan. We worked at the same place up north in 2003 when the Red Sox-Yankees were at the height of the rivalry. When Tim Wakefield gave up a home run to Aaron Boone, he wore his Yankee gear to work that day, breaking the hearts of almost everyone there. How he didn't get his ass kicked is beyond me. So yeah, he's into the Yankees.

Fast forward to 2017. The Rays opened up there season with a 7-2 win over the Yankees. Through the magic of Facebook, we decided to make a deal. In October, if the Yankees have a better record than the Rays, I'll write a check for five dollars to the Democratic National Committee. If the Rays have a better record, he's writing a check to the RNC. Sure it's only five bucks, but it's going to hurt if I have to write that check.

Go Rays!

No comments:

Post a Comment