Sunday, March 25, 2018

Scripture Sunday Helaman 12:1-12:26

Like the little description before the passage says, men are evil, unstable and quick to do foolish things. In the final day of judgement, we will no longer be able to hide. It'll be eternal life or eternal damnation for all of us.

An atheist might find the concepts of "eternal punishment" and "eternal rewards" frightening and disturbing, and I can see why at least in part. If you don't believe in an afterlife than what others think of it shouldn't bother you. If I think you are going to Hell and you don't believe there is one, than who cares what I think? The same can be said for Heaven as well.

For me, this passage does provide some comfort. To often in life we see evil people getting away with it and having absolutely no punishment. Justice delayed is this life is justice denied. I don't want to live in a world where Adolph Hitler and Mother Theresa go to the same place in the afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment