Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Bachelor

So, while watching The Bachelor with my significant other we had an interesting discussion, not just one about why we were watching such a tawdry and exploitive show. We like most reality tv shows, and the Bachelor falls into that category quite easily. Before I go any further yes, I know the show is heavily produced, manufactured, and about as real other scripted shows. The couple apparently had a "real breakup" that happened after the main star changed his mind and decided to break off his engagement with the girl he had chosen.

It was tough to watch, but only because it was so boring. Their break up didn't really provide any drama to me. In fact, it was sort of boring. Of course the Bachelor (Arie is his name) shouldn't have done what he did, but I do wonder if his name was "Alexa" instead of Arie and if it was The Bachelorette who did this what the reaction would be. I get the feeling that the general public would be much more forgiving towards a bachelorette who did this rather than a bachelor.

Double standards can apply to both genders.

No comments:

Post a Comment