Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Atari making a new console

I love Atari. I have a working 2600 and one of my tattoos is the Atari logo on my shoulder. I am one of the maybe three people out there who remembers the Atari Jaguar even though I never particularly liked that system. Console gaming was one of my first loves, and it's a love that will always be there. I'll never outgrow video games.

But I'm not sure about this new Ataribox. Console gaming is already an overcrowded and sadly, declining industry. Sega learned the hard way that nostalgia will only get you so far, even though the Dreamcast was an amazing console. Sega no longer makes consoles and their games-which at one time were among the most groundbreaking and cutting edge games out there-have never recovered. Atari has a bad reputation with consoles as well. While it's true, their last system was over twenty years ago-very few gamers even remember the Jaguar. 

I'm not sure this will end well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment