Thursday, June 8, 2017

Ink Master is back!!

My Tuesday nights are suddenly getting a lot better. Ink Master, the great tattoo competition show on Spike, is back! There aren't many shows I go out of my way to watch live. I don't watch a lot of non news/sports tv, and the shows that I do I usually just DVR so I can watch later at my own convenience. Ink Master is one of the very, very few shows I watch religiously. I've waited so long for this season, it seems like it's been forever since I've seen it new.

Amazon Video is a godsend-it lets me watch whatever I want to as long as I have cell phone service and a few dollars. I've been going though an Ink Master phase lately and I've been watching all the old seasons. I've thought about applying to be on the show, but I'm not sure I'd do. Imagine if you are the victim of another artists manipulative ploy to advance themselves at the cost of you and another artist. You could be stuck with a bad tattoo for the rest of your life at their expense. I also know that I'd never be an open canvas. It's not fair to me or the artist that deserves a truly open minded person who is willing to trust an artist the don't know.

This time, the contestants are working in pairs of two, representing their shops from home. It's going to be interesting to see how the interaction between the teams effects gameplay and strategy. I'm also happy that there are no return players. I wouldn't mind seeing an Ink Master All Stars II some time in the future, but for now it was definitely time for some fresh faces on the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment