Friday, June 23, 2017

Album of the Weekend

The Velvet Underground-Loaded

The Velvet Underground is a band you will either love or hate. I've met very few people who don't have strong opinions about them, but I don't think that they have the cult following that the Grateful Dead have. This album is a bit more commercial for such a avant garde band and it's one that people who have all sorts of music tastes can enjoy.

I've heard Lou Reed didn't like the final cut of this album. I'm not sure why even though he did leave the band shortly after. You've probably heard the the songs "Rock and Roll" and "Sweet Jane"-those are two of the more well known songs. "Sweet Jane" is one of my all time favorites, it's one of the most played songs on iTunes for me.

The Velvet Underground is loved by the music geek set for their unique and innovative style. While still having that, this album is much more approachable for a mainstream audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment