Saturday, June 3, 2017

Kiss to retire soon?

Gene Simmons has insinuated that Kiss will retire soon.

I can't blame him. Like the story says, Jagger and Bono don't wear fifty pound outfits when they preform. Time waits for no man and the guys in Kiss are getting older. I don't have to like it, but I do have to accept it.

Sure, Gene Simmons is full of bull and is a compulsive showman who will say anything if he thinks it'll boost ticket sales. I have a feeling he's telling the truth with this one. Paul has had surgery several times over the past few years. The guys in Kiss are not exactly begging for food stamps or worried about their mortgage payments. You'd think they would want to spend some time with their grandchildren and children before the Grim Reaper arrives. Shockingly, I'm surprised that death hasn't visited Ace or Peter yet. Morbid comment? Yup. Truthful? Yup.

Whatever happens, I'm glad I got a chance to see them live a few times. I hope they don't go out like Muhammad Ali did when he fought Leon Spinks or worse, Larry Holmes. Some say that Kiss has already outlived their prime-that's true, but they haven't embarrassed themselves yet. Yet being the key word.

Oh yeah-Gene also says that Kiss might do something free for their last concert. That sound you just heard was every Kiss fan bursting into laughter. Kiss? Do something for free? That idea is so absurd that no sarcastic comment or joke is needed.

2 comments:

  1. The best time to retire is before you embarrass yourself. They had a great run and deserve the well earned rest.

    ReplyDelete