Monday, June 26, 2017

Adventures on a lazy Sunday

I was pretty unmotivated yesterday. Didn't have the energy to go to church in the morning and barely got off the couch during the day. My life partner was away for the weekend with some friends-and she took my motivation with her. However boredom plus laziness has it's limits and I decided to do something I haven't done since last October. Go to the movies. I'm not big into movies so I didn't know what was playing. 

A quick search of Fandango changed that. Out of all the movies playing, the only one that I had even the slightest interest in seeing was 47 Meters Down. Someone online said it was like Open Water (2003), a movie that I love. So in the battle between laziness and the desire to see a movie I knew nothing about-desire won out.

It's nothing like Open Water. I wasn't expecting a cinematic masterpiece and the movie is not one.  The relationship between the two sisters was the best part. I liked watching them interact and thought it was entertaining and believable (their relationship, the entire movie was not so believable) . It's not a movie I'd see again but I didn't regret going either. That alone makes it a win, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment