Monday, March 25, 2019

What happened this weekend

So, this weekend I went to Tampa to see Anvil and Archer Nation in concert. While I like going to see the big acts in arenas (the few that are left) I prefer going to festivals like Rockville in Jacksonville and then to clubs and bars. It's a much more intimate feeling when you are in a bar/club with 20-30 people rather than 7000 in an arena.

Archer Nation is pretty new band and when I heard that they were opening for Anvil, I immediately downloaded their album and yes, it'll be my album or the weekend shortly. I'm sure the one other person who cares is waiting in anticipation for that review. They covered the Megadeth song "Tornado of Souls" as their second to last song, and it was spectacular. Their own stuff is also quite good.

Anvil are the daddys of 1980's hair metal and that they are "Still Going Strong" (to quote one of their albums) is a miracle in itself. This band has enough baggage/bad luck to sink seven careers, but I'm so happy they can still draw a bit of a crowd. Their determination and drive is incredibly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment