Monday, March 18, 2019

Lori Loughlin college scandal

I haven't talked about this scandal because frankly, I don't really care. If you were surprised that there was widespread corruption in the college admission world then frankly, you need to grow up a bit and stop being so naive. There, I said it. Wherever there is money, and yes, this goes for religion too, there will probably be some level of corruption. No, we shouldn't tolerate it, and yes, when it comes out those who perpetrated it should be punished.

But I am blown away by the hate this lady is receiving. I never watched her show with the exception of maybe one or two episodes growing up. I've never seen her in any movies either, so I have no particular love for her. In fact, I barely recognize her. But the outcry over this floors me. Tiger Woods didn't get this much hate after his scandal, and even he had his defenders. No one is backing Lori Laughlin up.

I'm going to ask you a blunt question. If you had the chance to do what she did for your children, would you? Oh sure, it's easy to say you wouldn't and pat yourself on the back. But in reality, when given the chance to let your kid get a great education and at the time, it looks like you won't get caught-it would be very hard to say no. I'm not saying what she did was right, but I am saying people need to relax and drop the pitchforks.

No comments:

Post a Comment