Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Ambassador for the Archbishop of Canterbury issues

I'm not surprised by this, but apparently an ambassador for the Archbishop of Canterbury doesn't believe that Christ actually rose from the dead. Yes, the guy apparently is an ordained minister in their "church".  Like I said I'm not surprised. The Church of England has all sorts of ordained ministers. I can accept gay priests, girl priests, you name it. What I can't accept are priests that don't believe in the resurrection of our Lord.

If you don't like the sight of blood, don't become an ER nurse. If you don't want to work on Black Friday, don't get a job in retail. If you don't like long, boring days spent in a courthouse, don't become a lawyer. And if you don't believe that Christ is the savior of mankind and resurrected from the dead, don't become a cleric in any Christian denomination.

The Church of England is one of those hip, tolerant churches that allows anything. I'm 99% sure this guy won't be reprimanded or removed from his priesthood. If you really want to know why the church of England is in total collapse, look no further.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty much why I left the church. Bishops preaching against the resurrection are missing the point of Christ's hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more with you. We can bicker about this or that piece of doctrine or belief, that's fine. But there should be some uniform belief on the deeply important topics.

      Delete