Sunday, March 17, 2019

Scripture Sunday Mormon 9:8

The Book of Mormon is many things, but one thing I think people can agree on is that it's a little complicated. You don't have to be a believing member to see the relative complexity in the Book of Mormon, and just saying that it's complex doesn't mean you believe in it's truth claims. Yes, I know intelligent people have dismissed the book as "chloroform in print" and some people have said much worse. This passage claims that anyone who "deny these things knoweth not the gospel of Christ, and if he has read the scriptures, he has not understood them."

I'm not naive-I think you can read the scriptures, come to a different conclusion than I have, and still know the gospel of Christ to some degree. I think all Christian churches have some degree of truth to them (being a Christian this shouldn't surprise you). I tend to agree with CS Lewis that Christianity is a mansion, and each one of the denominations have a different room in said mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment