Sunday, March 31, 2019

Scripture Sunday Alma 11:43

Atheists will often say "What kind of body will we have in Heaven? Will I be 14? 30? 60? If I'm blind, will I have sight? Will I enjoy having sight?" Like many questions asked to us by non believers, this question is totally valid and raises a good point. We don't know what our heavenly forms will be like, but we can speculate. This passage brings me enormous comfort.

"The spirit and the body shall be reunited again in perfect form." It's concise and gives us a beautiful message. Frankly, I wish more people understood this one passage more than some of the other ones. When I pass a sick child at Disney or when I see loved one whose body has beaten down by age, I take great comfort in the fact that at one point in the future, it won't matter. All of us will be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment