Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Ben and Jerrys

I'm all for sticking it the man. It makes us feel cool and impresses our friends. Sadly though, really "speaking truth to authority" sometimes means "meekly obeying authority when people we like are in command." Ben and Jerrys is foolish for many reasons, but my personal favorite is how they think they are counter culture and hip while in reality, they are merely rich guys who found a way to exploit idiots who think by buying their overpriced ice cream they are being rebellious.

Damn, at least the Dead Kennedys had the amazing ability to poke fun at their own beliefs. Look at "California Uber Alles" and "Holiday in Cambodia" for examples of that. I'll believe that Ben and Jerrys are doing the same when they have an ice cream flavor called "Elitist Egg Nog" for the Winter Solstice season. Or "I'm anti-Captilaist but made millions of dollars selling ice cream Cotton Candy". How about "We love cop killers but live in areas where crime is virtually non existent so it doesn't effect us blueberry"? I could go on for days with this. Better stop myself before I get out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment