Friday, March 8, 2019

Album of the weekend

Striker-Play to Win

Last week, I reviewed a great album that I think everyone should download. It was crisp, cutting edge but still traditional, and the lyrics were based in fantasy but avoided being cheesy. This weeks album is not like that. Striker has been around for awhile, and I do respect that-after all I respect virtually any artist who can get someone to pay their money to purchase their art-but this album is mediocre at best.

First off, it sounds over produced. There are times that the music seems to overpower the lead singer, and that is something that I feel should have been addressed during production of the album. The music also has a very 1980's feeling that doesn't provide anything new to the genre-I've heard this album before many times even though this was my first time listening to it.

There are only a few songs on the album that I recommend downloading-The Front (which I actually do like, it's saving the album from getting a D) and...well, that's actually it. I strongly, strongly recommend playing these songs on Youtube  before you download the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment