Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Why I didn't buy the NES classic

I tend to hem and haw about spending money-I'm turning into my father with every passing year. When my wife offered to buy me the NES classic, I was at first excited, than upon looking at the console, I decided against it. Sure, 60$ isn't a lot of money and it wouldn't have bankrupted me, but it's not worth it in the end. 

Out of the 30 games that the system has, I only enjoy about half of of them. Out of those fifteen games, I already have them on various other consoles-from the Game Boy Advance to the Wii to the original NES. True, I already bought a SNES classic even though I have several of those games-but I seldom play the SNES classic. I just can't get into the games. 

I'm a huge retro gamer. I'm currently in the middle of Firepro Wrestling for the GBA. If you are interested in that, it's a huge, huge challenge but incredibly addicting once you pass the learning curve. So I'll always be into retro gaming, even if I don't but the retro consoles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment