Friday, April 5, 2019

Album of the Weekend

Archer Nation-Beneath the Dream

I saw them in concert about two weeks ago. I wanted to wait to review the album to give it an objective listen. When you get home from a concert you are usually flooded with positive feelings and unable to be fair.

I've heard other people say that there is something wrong with the lead singers voice, and I will admit that it sounds slightly off the first time you hear it. After the second to third time around,  it fits in pretty well with the overall style of the album. It has a Megadeth feel to it-polticial lyrics and a sense of anger and aggression. I'm not comparing them to Megadeth, one of the greatest metal bands of all time, but I can see them developing to that level in the future. This is another great album from a great new metal band.

No comments:

Post a Comment