Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Dio hologram

The legendary Ronnie James Did (may he forever rest in peace) passed away several years ago, and now you can see a concert of his-via hologram.  Many people have strong feelings one way or the there about this and while I haven't interviewed every single fan of his, I'd say the majority are against this. Sadly many people think it's just a money grab by his widow. Some also say that Dio himself would have hated it.

I respect that POV, I'm sympathetic to it, and I understand it. But I'm ambivalent about the hologram.

On one hand, no, it's not the same as seeing him in concert. I accept that. If it was Elvis, Buddy Holly,  Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dimebag Darell  Kurt Cobain or any other dead musician that did this I 100% agree that it would not be the same as seeing them preform live in concert. So yes, you do miss something in the translation from live person to hologram.


No comments:

Post a Comment