Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Britney Spears mental health issues

It should be obvious but in case it's not, I'm not a fan of her music. I have nothing against her personally and think she is probably a good person. Is she washed up? Yes, but many of my favorite bands are way past the stage so I can't really say anything about it. What I can say something about is people making fun of her mental illness problems.

Look, I get it, we do live in an over sensitive society that loves to play the victim and claim moral superiority by talking about how offended we are over certain topics. I'm not offended by people making stupid jokes about her mental state, I just think they are crass and rude. If it even needs to be said, yes, you have every right to make jokes about any topic, and yes, I have every right to say that those jokes are tasteless and tacky.

Sense of humor is notoriously subjective and we all turn into snowflakes when someone hits a nerve. In theory anything can be made fun of, from me being adopted to her mental problems. But there is a huge difference between just pointing and laughing and making a funny joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment